Facebook Lead Generation: Does Anyone You Know Drink Coffee?
Facebook lead generation is a really hot topic in the network marketing industry. Recently Facebook has been outranking even Google itself in terms of traffic! And, if you do it right, your facebook lead generation can be completely free! What could be better? A free source of leads from the highest traffic site online, and you’re probably already spending time on Facebook anyway!
Now, most people attack Facebook trying to get leads and do it all wrong! I was inspired to write this article by one such person.
Facebook Lead Generation Gone Bad!
Yesterday I was on Facebook and saw that a network marketer I had connected with had left a nice post about his son! I am expecting a new baby boy any day now, so I left a comment about my own kids. It was a nice interaction and I felt that we had something in common…..for about 5 minutes!
His next comment on the post was “Do you or anyone you know drink Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate at least on occasions?”
Now obviously anyone answering that question would have to answer “Yes”. And his next move would obviously be to introduce them to the Organo Gold opportunity, which I presume he’s in.
Ok, there are several things wrong here:
1. This was a new connection and I had reached out by commenting on his post. He responded by INSTANTLY trying to pitch his business. If I didn’t know a lot about the network marketing industry and didn’t immediately recognize a pitch I may have responded, but would have been put-off as soon as I realized what he was trying to do. He didn’t take the time to get to know me or allow me to ask what he does! This is a great way to get kicked off of people’s friends list!
2. The post had NOTHING to do with coffee or tea, so going so completely off topic makes it seem like he’s desperate to make money! This tells me that he’s not making money in the business already, so even if I hadn’t heard of Organo Gold, and had watched his presentation, AND wanted to join, I would have looked around for someone actually making money in the business who could teach me how to market.
3. People assume that if they join you in business they will have to do whatever you did to find them! I’m sorry, but NO ONE will start out if they think they have to look like a complete jerk and ask everyone on Facebook if they drink coffee. They simply won’t want to do it!
4. This guy LED WITH HIS COMPANY! He started the interaction with a question designed to get us talking about his products. Leading with your company does not work! This is a relationship business, and if you aren’t building strong relationships BEFORE you introduce your opportunity you will fail….because even if I did want to join as I said earlier, I would find a LEADER to join. This is the basics of Attraction Marketing!
Facebook Lead Generation Done Right!
I hate to break it to you, but Facebook lead generation is NOT about putting links to your presentation everywhere, or adding as many friends as you can and hoping some of them will click your link. Facebook is an AMAZING tool for networkers because you can easily build relationships with people, but you still have to take the time to BUILD.
I heard one networker talk about the “spray and pray” method…..spreading your links everywhere, then hoping someone bites. Come on! That is clearly NOT a solid business strategy!
3 Basic Rules for Facebook Lead Generation
1. Choose your friends wisely!
-If you add people who are spamming network marketing groups they will probably spam your page with links too! Take the time to find people who are discussing issues, or posting quotes or ideas….click on them and actually LOOK at their page, do you have anything in common?? Is this someone who looks like you would actually enjoy getting to know? I recommend adding 10-20 people a day, so you ABSOLUTELY have time to have a quick look at everyone before you send your request
2. Add a PERSONAL message with your request
-Even if someone accepts a request without a message they won’t remember you! Add a quick message saying where you found them, mentioning anything you have in common, and saying you’d like to get to know them better. Ask a question if you like! Nearly 100% of my friend requests are accepted, and over 50% respond with a message asking more about me! Do I send them any links? NOO! Not unless they ask what I do, and then I send them to my blog so they can get to know me as a network marketing leader. They can find out about my company later!
3. Treat Your Friends as Friends
-Anyone on your friends list should be treated the same as your regular friends!! Like their posts, comment on what they are talking about, share posts about your day or funny things your kids are doing, etc. You need to let them see you are a real person, and you build a relationship by treating them like a friend, not a prospect!
-You can post your new blog posts or content to then get people learning more about you from a business perspective, but ensure they also see you as a person!
As you can see Facebook lead generation is a PROCESS. It takes time, and remember the point is not to “spray and pray”, but to create solid relationships that make people WANT to work with you. This will be an AMAZING tool in your arsenal if you treat it properly and have fun with it! You will actually feel good when you do your Facebook lead generation this way, because you will make genuine connections. And that’s what it’s all about!
Feel free to comment below with any questions or ideas you have on Facebook lead generation!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!